"the feet of Bhagavan are everywhere. So where can we gather except at his feet?
Time and space are no barriers to the gathering of hearts." Sri Ramana Maharshi

Celebrating the life of David LaChapelle

Celebrating the Life of David LaChapelle: Visionary teacher, see-er of souls, wisdom keeper and devoted follower to the great stillness. Friend to many. Dream coach, author, publisher and speaker. Chanter, painter, builder, philosopher and patriarch. His body let go. His gifts live on...

Submissions to this blog greatly appreciated:

To post your entry:
- email text and/or photos to ananda@jeffnet.org
(specify "for blog" and specify if anonymous or not) -or-
- comment in two places directly on blog: on left-hand panel or end of each post



Thursday, July 23, 2009

David's Last Email (sent July 21st, 2009)

From: David
To: email community
Date: July 21,2009

Greetings,

it has been nearly a month since you have heard from me....

in the interim I have journeyed to the edge of life and death and back. I came down with a staph infection that sent my temp soaring and took away two days of memory. I woke to a slowly returning body...

some of the staph settled in my visual cortex... rendering a 24 light show and making fine detail work nearly impossible. I am not sure if this is a permanent condition... but the resulting image is a function of the new level of focus in my visual field...

clearly a new chapter in my life...

I am wiped clean by this last journey.
I am in considerable pain as my throat is sorely taxed.

and I await whatever new instructions there are for me.

many blessing to you all and may you treasure each moment of each day, for they can change dramatically, when you least expect it....

Ananada bought me some colored markers... my new instruments for this time... much grosser detail... but at least i can draw again with some effect.

love,
David

2 comments:

  1. David, you called your shot;you equalled Babe Ruth's prediction of a homer in Wrigley Field. David, you are one of the few philoso-religious people i've known who appreciates sports:the ability to play. As men play with sticks and balls,you manipulated ideas and constructs. Always with caring,tough.

    I'llmiss playing with you;your friend,Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaska ShoshannahFriday, July 24, 2009

    David,
    To Thank You doesn't barely touch my deep gratitude for so many over-the-top memories ... from the very first sweat lodge to shipping stuff to you & Ananda from Haines. Can you BELIEVE IT? I am already painfully missing having another shot at it! It's a relief to think of you as being out of pain, so with sadness - here, I am saying good-bye yet again, this time to the Light of Lights. LOVE, Shoshannah

    ReplyDelete