"the feet of Bhagavan are everywhere. So where can we gather except at his feet?
Time and space are no barriers to the gathering of hearts." Sri Ramana Maharshi

Celebrating the life of David LaChapelle

Celebrating the Life of David LaChapelle: Visionary teacher, see-er of souls, wisdom keeper and devoted follower to the great stillness. Friend to many. Dream coach, author, publisher and speaker. Chanter, painter, builder, philosopher and patriarch. His body let go. His gifts live on...

Submissions to this blog greatly appreciated:

To post your entry:
- email text and/or photos to ananda@jeffnet.org
(specify "for blog" and specify if anonymous or not) -or-
- comment in two places directly on blog: on left-hand panel or end of each post



Friday, August 21, 2009

Letter from Sandra Aug 20

On this day, the 21st of August, we can pause and notice that it's been exactly one month since David merged with Existence. This letter from a friend in California seemed a perfect post to share today, on the one month anniversary of his passage. Blessings in all directions, Ananda


Hello, Ananda,

I have just now revisited the blog site and just wanted to tell you how beautiful it is, what a wonderful wonderful work of love you have woven. Great photos, I am very grateful and appreciative to see them.

While I was never actively involved in any of David's groups or communities, my connection with him was profound, and one of deepest, ancient friendship. He told me, shortly after meeting up with you, that he was sure the three of us would soar in remembrance if we were ever to sit in meditation together. (Specifically, sharing Egyptian contexts). I recall his happiness and clarity in reporting that you and he had found one another. I am so glad for this, and for you, even now... with so much of your life ahead, with such an enormous foundation of love and service with him to be your heart's comfort, remembrance, and joy.

You and I haven't met this time around, but that seems a small thing, really. Once connected, always connected. I honor you and send you love.

I am grateful that he and I had frequent email contact in June, during his beautiful sketching period... you may recall, through daily photos I sent at his request, he was delighting in studying the stages of a rose opening, which appeared in one of his drawings... our last contact was around that rose, and mine to him -- sending the petals to him. A perfect benediction. His flawless, masterful exit during the eclipse told me everything I needed to know. Only joy for him and his accomplishment under such difficult terms.

Blessings for the upcoming celebrations....and to you in all ways, always.

love,
Sandra

A Photoshop David creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment