"the feet of Bhagavan are everywhere. So where can we gather except at his feet?
Time and space are no barriers to the gathering of hearts." Sri Ramana Maharshi

Celebrating the life of David LaChapelle

Celebrating the Life of David LaChapelle: Visionary teacher, see-er of souls, wisdom keeper and devoted follower to the great stillness. Friend to many. Dream coach, author, publisher and speaker. Chanter, painter, builder, philosopher and patriarch. His body let go. His gifts live on...

Submissions to this blog greatly appreciated:

To post your entry:
- email text and/or photos to ananda@jeffnet.org
(specify "for blog" and specify if anonymous or not) -or-
- comment in two places directly on blog: on left-hand panel or end of each post



Wednesday, August 5, 2009


from: Stephen
Wed. Aug. 5, 2009

Dear Ananda-ji,

The idea of compiling and organizing retreat notes for the two Hawaii retreats I attended, and the one Alaska retreat, is burning in my mind. I believe A mentioned the idea, with you responding positively. Are you still feeling that way?

My original thought was to type my hand written notes, then supplement with notes from others, just as I did for the Silverton retreat notes.

Another idea is to transcribe iPod recordings from the retreats, adding some organization to help make the reading more smooth. To help make the reading more coherent, I may piece some of the common threads together to break a bit of the temporal order, much as I did for the Silverton notes. Having the recordings would remove any problem associated with incomplete or incorrect note-taking.

I believe there were extensive recordings made during the retreats I attended. Do you have them?

So in summary, if you are interested, my offering is to participate in the process of compiling some of the David's retreat notes to help spread the teachings amongst his circle, and beyond. If you feel I am stepping into a process that is better served by others, then please do not hesitate to let me know.

I hope you are well and find the unending paperwork and organization gaining some control. I look forward to seeing you in Yosemite.

Love,
Stephen

Sir Stephen
You have my most complete and loving blessing for this undertaking
I couldnt think of a better person to carry the essence of David's teachings from audio to comprehensive notes available for others to benefit

Your love and humble approach are in the spirit of David and what he would want

My only reservation reading your email was the crash of some illusion I had that I was going to get to do the transcribing and rendering myself (someday) but I can tell you, about a month or so ago, one day, I was thinking of all the potential around David's and my creative contributions
and I had this clear thought/ inner voice that said "with all there is to manifest, of your potential endeavors, when an alignment and enthusiasm for service shows up, in someone wanting to take on a particular piece, bow gratefully, and turn over unnecessary claim"
.... or somethign like that
It was so clear

I couldnt think of a better example than exactly your idea

I will do my best to send you an mp3 or two as soon as possible
but it may be that it waits until after this Silverton memorial Sunday

gratitude for your recent visit my friend

Ananda

No comments:

Post a Comment