"the feet of Bhagavan are everywhere. So where can we gather except at his feet?
Time and space are no barriers to the gathering of hearts." Sri Ramana Maharshi

Celebrating the life of David LaChapelle

Celebrating the Life of David LaChapelle: Visionary teacher, see-er of souls, wisdom keeper and devoted follower to the great stillness. Friend to many. Dream coach, author, publisher and speaker. Chanter, painter, builder, philosopher and patriarch. His body let go. His gifts live on...

Submissions to this blog greatly appreciated:

To post your entry:
- email text and/or photos to ananda@jeffnet.org
(specify "for blog" and specify if anonymous or not) -or-
- comment in two places directly on blog: on left-hand panel or end of each post



Monday, December 21, 2009

David quote

Quote from David's book for Solstice
by MF, Boulder CO



Light up the lights for this Winter solstice night.

Today I went to a friend’s house to work on deer hides to make drums. After soaking for days in a water and ash solution, the hides are tacked to a board. The fat and deeper layers of flesh are scraped off, and then flipped over. The hair is then scraped off. I was only able to help for a little while since it was a work day for me.

Since I came in the middle of the process and left after about 40 minutes, I didn’t think about a ritual honoring these deer. (My friend) got the raw hides from a taxidermist.. They would have been discarded. In any case I thought of the story that David wrote about Deer in his book “Mountains of Light, Pathways of Love”. After reading it, I remembered that I had wanted to share the quote about grief.

Today I felt the grief of David’s death, and just the pure missing him. So it seems appropriate…..

“There is a grief which weighs down the spirit and there is a grief which is the cry of the soul. When you have lost someone you truly loved, then your grief is a gift. This is the grief which reaches beyond this world and opens a doorway to the path of light. This path is the journey of the soul. Yours is such a gift, and I would ask for it in return for my fur.”

No comments:

Post a Comment