"the feet of Bhagavan are everywhere. So where can we gather except at his feet?
Time and space are no barriers to the gathering of hearts." Sri Ramana Maharshi

Celebrating the life of David LaChapelle

Celebrating the Life of David LaChapelle: Visionary teacher, see-er of souls, wisdom keeper and devoted follower to the great stillness. Friend to many. Dream coach, author, publisher and speaker. Chanter, painter, builder, philosopher and patriarch. His body let go. His gifts live on...

Submissions to this blog greatly appreciated:

To post your entry:
- email text and/or photos to ananda@jeffnet.org
(specify "for blog" and specify if anonymous or not) -or-
- comment in two places directly on blog: on left-hand panel or end of each post



Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Large Mailing List Letter

Subject: Blog for David La Chapelle

From: ananda@jeffnet.org

Date: September 16, 2009

To: Large mailing list


Greetings
This quick note goes out to you from Ananda Elise Foley, companion to David La Chapelle who passed away July 21, 2009 in Durango Colorado due to cancer. Please forgive my short note if you are hearing this news for the first time. If you are receiving this is it because your name is on a very large data base I created for David 6 years ago when I first began supporting his work

Im writing to invite you to visit a blogsite created for collecting thoughts, sentiments, memories, stories and photos celebrating David's life and contributions. As I used to write updates via emails; first with information about upcoming retreats and, later, about David's health; I have now switched my format of communication to the blog, where you may go online any time to check in and contribute if you like (reminder you can comment anonymously as well).

You are also being contacted to request your help in cleaning up my contact list of exactly 772 email addresses. My role and responsibilities are transitioning so enormously and quickly and I hope to be a crisp as possible contacting only people who wish to be. So please take the time to bounce an email back if you would prefer to be removed from my lists for announcements or from the database altogether. The blog will be an easy way to find me and relevant announcements in the future if you ever change your mind and wish to be added again.

From here I will be focusing on compiling much of David's artwork, as well as some collaboration offerings with my own work; his teachings and publications; photos and timelines to deepen the expression his work brought to the world. His website
www.umya.com will be undergoing some construction and will remain a marketplace for these works.

Thank you for being a part of a dear, rich unfolding
...or sharing with us the care of your service, if you've been part of our lives thru business matters

In grateful heart,
Ananda Elise Foley
Creative Artist, Energetic Midwife, Facilitator/ Instructor

7 comments:

  1. Wow,

    Blessings sweet Ananda. Blessings... I will always remember your smile. God speed and love changling.

    J B, Princeton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ananda, thanks for the update, and please accept my condolences. What a heavy, complicated path you have chosen, you have my respect and admiration. I hope that you are able to find time for yourself, and some joy along the way. I know that your mom is trying to help too. Best wishes to you both in this difficult time.
    love, anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Ananda,

    Although I was but your landlord in Kapaau, Hawaii I am never the less shocked by your email and the passing of David. I always admired, respected and appreciated you and David as people. Your approach, interaction and formidable ways of dealing with life and its hurdles were good lessons in life..

    I was very sorry to see you both leave Hawaii and envied the community where you and David had decided to integrate to with the teachings and works that his mother had left behind.

    Again I am reminded how precious life is, and to live it to the fullest as David has done and as you Amanda continue to do. There is of course a reason for everything and Davids passing is certainly not without fruit. I look forward to being in touch, as that fruit grows and the trees blossoms only to disperse the meaning of life we have all learned from David.

    I am back and forth to Ireland where my family is but my email remains the same.

    Sincerely,
    Tom

    Thomas A. Quinlan
    Historic Properties Services, LLC.
    Suzuki/Morgan Architects, Ltd.
    General Contractor
    Kamuela, HI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Ananda,
    Please keep me on the list. David has been in my prayers for a long time, and will continue to be. "C" and I went up to Mt. Rainier shortly after his passing to perform a little ceremony honoring him. Our hearts go out to you and to those he was close to.

    With blessings and immense gratitude, M. A, Seattle


    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ananda,
    I am sorry to hear of David's Passing. I am sending you my thoughts and my good preyers for your support. I have yet to lose someone close to me and don't yet know what this is like.
    I can only imagine. I know from the previous emails that you both reside in a positive place around his condition and I trust you have tried to cary that on as he passes through to the most positive of all arena's. I am sure you where both blessed to be close when he left this life. Your love is palpable even to those who knew you only a little.

    Sending you a heart to heart hug my friend...
    Journey well David...

    anahata katkin

    www.papayaart.com
    www.anahataart.com
    www.anahata.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ananda,

    The celebration of dear David's life in Allenspark was wonderful. I felt right at home with all those good people, related through David. I often felt an ease and joy being around you too. You said "A" had softened over the last five years. You have too, and in a wonderful way.

    I'm enjoying the blog and thank you for the time and work you have devoted to it.

    Much love, David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear dear Amanda, Yes, this is the first time I have heard about David's
    passing although I think of both of you often. I felt he was at a distance but had no way of proving my senses. THANK YOU for this update.

    I am sure you have been busy tending to your own heart during these changing times! You were a divine companion to him and I know you meant a LOT to each other through your years of journey together! He would be so delighted at your dedication to organizing all those precious words and art for many to enjoy into the future.

    Bless you for being an angel to David and all of us!

    In appreciation,
    Barbara Trites
    Interfaith Marketplace
    Ashland, OR

    ReplyDelete