"the feet of Bhagavan are everywhere. So where can we gather except at his feet?
Time and space are no barriers to the gathering of hearts." Sri Ramana Maharshi

Celebrating the life of David LaChapelle

Celebrating the Life of David LaChapelle: Visionary teacher, see-er of souls, wisdom keeper and devoted follower to the great stillness. Friend to many. Dream coach, author, publisher and speaker. Chanter, painter, builder, philosopher and patriarch. His body let go. His gifts live on...

Submissions to this blog greatly appreciated:

To post your entry:
- email text and/or photos to ananda@jeffnet.org
(specify "for blog" and specify if anonymous or not) -or-
- comment in two places directly on blog: on left-hand panel or end of each post



Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Memory share

Subject: Re: David's blog

Date: September 15, 2009 9:24:42 PM MDT

To: ananda@jeffnet.org

Dear Ananda,
What a joy it is to take some time to think of that vision quest so long ago. Thank you for that. I hope you enjoy my memories and can use it in your blog. Blessing to you.

I want to share some sweet memories I have of David. When I was about 10 or 11 years old I joined my sister on a vision quest into the Sangre de cristo mountains of southern Colorado. It amazes me that I still have an almost photographic memory of the beautiful valley in which we camped, the clearing where people meet in circle, and all the wonderful places I got to hike with David. Due to my young age I had the blessing of staying back in camp with David while everyone went out on their solo quest. I felt it was a great honor and a supremely fun time to have David's full attention. We got to climb a nearby mountain and take long walks through the woods. I remember once when we found a large patch of wild strawberry. We spent what seemed like an hour on our hands and knees searching for and of course eating the tiny berry's. And then there was sweet time we spent at the camp tending to the fire. It warms my heart to this day to remember how caring and generous David was of his time and attention. I will forever cherish these memories with him.

Aaron Ingalls (with daughter
Chaaya)

No comments:

Post a Comment