"the feet of Bhagavan are everywhere. So where can we gather except at his feet?
Time and space are no barriers to the gathering of hearts." Sri Ramana Maharshi

Celebrating the life of David LaChapelle

Celebrating the Life of David LaChapelle: Visionary teacher, see-er of souls, wisdom keeper and devoted follower to the great stillness. Friend to many. Dream coach, author, publisher and speaker. Chanter, painter, builder, philosopher and patriarch. His body let go. His gifts live on...

Submissions to this blog greatly appreciated:

To post your entry:
- email text and/or photos to ananda@jeffnet.org
(specify "for blog" and specify if anonymous or not) -or-
- comment in two places directly on blog: on left-hand panel or end of each post



Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Autumn Light

a.Foley Image 2009 ananda@jeffnet.org


ooo... it's coolin' down at 9,318 ft
Time to load some photos for you...
here are just a few of many breathtaking images that have beckoned me to shoot artfully these days ... it's meditation.. sweet and always educational. Mountain aspen are doing their thing and it is... stunning! See for yourself... they did all the work... can't forget the light... the Light too...

David-ji invested in a good camera when his father passed beyond his own photo-craft this life... and occasionally I could get my hands on the great gadget. Now of course it is his gift and it is allowing me to put together a little portfolio. Ive always loved photography and now it could create livelihood.... another wink from the Light, David and Ed i know it...

Making fires each morning to take the edge off early cold and then the day warms up. Snow only in dustings yet. Aspen sisters are finding the change too. With winds and sun strong this week, the combination made for billions and billions of yellow shiny fluttering sparkles cruising through the air over head, then fly around my feet speckling the earth... And the orange color trees do GLOW))) God is good, good and everywhere.

Life in Silverton right now is all about wood... cuttin', loadin', unloadin', splittin', reloadin', unloadin', stacking... carryin' inside, creatin' magic, later haulin' the ashes...

This year Im "alone" in this wood dance. It dawned on me today, like everyday (again):
he's gone.
From the woodpile, ... today, ...in this moment. It's just me and the woodpile.

My mom has been doing big jobs here, today she was editing the i Ching book tending her cold... and I did have help from my neighbor who supplied the fallen trees and we've worked together... but I feel how "alone" I am now.... as a state of being I must travel through ... a real place I must visit, all-the-while, Im held and provided support for too

My spirit is sad
I miss him... and he wont be coming back, in the way I so often want to see him

... at the same time much is good
and I'm sure he is coming to me as light most often now

My attention lately is on: suiting up for winter (will spend first months here, then journey out); filing postponed taxes for both David and I (my favorite) ; attending mail, probate and negotiations for bills (uh huh); involved in daily decisions about the edits for the republication of Hymn of Changes, David's I Ching book (my mom and Devin do the hard stuff); teaching a weekly yoga class in Silverton (sweet); what else... oh, and objects objects objects... moving, sorting, deciding, stopping at times to feel the joy-devastation- off-gasing from all the memory in each object... then time to head back outside to do more wood.

My mom plans to head back down to Arizona this weekend... a transition we are both feeling in big ways. She's been a rock for me during the hard moments, a gem of a grandmother, in the honoring of the archetype rather than the literal... She has just plain "stepped up" and Im forever enhanced and grateful for her help. We go out together for these beauty blasts, each with camera in hand. A beloved balance for our ongoing list, the tasks that get crossed off and the ones that don't...

with love, Ananda

a.Foley Image 2009 ananda@jeffnet.org

a.Foley Image 2009 ananda@jeffnet.org

a.Foley Image 2009 ananda@jeffnet.org

No comments:

Post a Comment