"the feet of Bhagavan are everywhere. So where can we gather except at his feet?
Time and space are no barriers to the gathering of hearts." Sri Ramana Maharshi

Celebrating the life of David LaChapelle

Celebrating the Life of David LaChapelle: Visionary teacher, see-er of souls, wisdom keeper and devoted follower to the great stillness. Friend to many. Dream coach, author, publisher and speaker. Chanter, painter, builder, philosopher and patriarch. His body let go. His gifts live on...

Submissions to this blog greatly appreciated:

To post your entry:
- email text and/or photos to ananda@jeffnet.org
(specify "for blog" and specify if anonymous or not) -or-
- comment in two places directly on blog: on left-hand panel or end of each post



Monday, August 10, 2009

Note from nurse friend

This next note is from one of David's great nurses during the Durango hospital stay. Serra came up to Silverton for his memorial yesterday. Her presence was really important, didnt realize until I saw her.... helped me grasp that it all really happened, the many stages were marked in physical time and space, not just in dreamstate. She brought a bright tenderness to David's hospital stay and was able to recognize the potency of their appointment in each other's lives as opposed to the limited capacity of nurse/patient. She said I could post her letter. Gratefully...


Hi Ananda,

I just wanted to send you a note, and let you know how very sorry I was to hear of David's passing.

I felt honored to be a small part of his last weeks, and hope that I made that time easier for him, and for you.

As nurses, we cross paths with so many people, but it is actually rare that one of them reminds us of the magic that brought us into healthcare. David did that for me. He reminded me that although it is rare, patients can make just as much a difference in our lives, as we do in theirs.

Thank you so much for the book, for the (jar of) honey, and for allowing me to share in his experience.

My thoughts are with you during this time, and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.


Regards,
David's nurse at MRMC,
Serra Meyer, RN

No comments:

Post a Comment